IBBL (Integrated BioBank of Luxembourg) is pleased to announce the opening of registration for the 2018 edition of its Biospecimen Proficiency Testing (PT) programme, an internationally-recognised quality assessment tool.
Endorsed by the International Society for Biological and Environmental Repositories (ISBER), the PT programme acts as an external quality assessment tool, offering laboratories working with biospecimens the opportunity to verify the accuracy, precision and efficiency of their routine methods and benchmark their performance to that of other expert laboratories. Regular participation in the programme allows participants to comply with certification and accreditation requirements, as well as monitor their performance over time and prove consistency.
“The PT programme is an integral part of a biobank laboratory’s quality management system and can contribute to standardising both sample processing methods and measurements. This will in turn help reduce the incidence of irreproducible research results and diagnostic mistakes”, explains Dr Amélie Gaignaux, IBBL’s PT Project Manager.
The 2018 PT programme has been refined through the addition of 4 new schemes, bringing the total offering to 21. The new additions are: “DNA Integrity”, “Cell Free RNA (cfRNA) Extraction from Plasma”, “Protein Extraction from FFPE Material” and “Protein Extraction from Frozen Tissue”.
14 Processing Schemes
- Cell Free RNA (cfRNA) Extraction from Plasma – NEW!
- Protein Extraction from FFPE Material – NEW!
- Protein Extraction from Frozen Tissue – NEW!
- CSF Aliquoting
- Viable PBMC Isolation
- DNA Extraction from Whole Blood
- DNA Extraction from FFPE Material
- DNA Extraction from Frozen Tissue
- Microbial DNA Extraction from Saliva
- Microbial DNA Extraction from Stool
- Cell-Free DNA (cfDNA) Extraction from Whole Blood
- RNA Extraction from Whole Blood
- RNA Extraction from FFPE Material
- Total RNA Extraction from Frozen Tissue
7 Testing Schemes
- DNA Integrity – NEW!
- DNA Quantification and Purity
- RNA Quantification and Purity
- RNA Integrity
- Cell Viability
- CD40 Ligand Quantification in Serum
- Tissue Histology
As the sole PT programme in the world that focuses on biospecimens, IBBL’s PT scheme has become increasingly popular over the last 6 years. In 2017, 104 participants from 31 countries registered for a total of 405 PT schemes.
The PT programme was launched at the annual ISBER meeting, which is taking place from May 20 until May 24 in Dallas, Texas.
Registration will remain open until August 24 2018.
For more information, please visit the dedicated PT page.