IBBL (Integrated BioBank of Luxembourg) is pleased to announce the opening of registration for the 2020 edition of its Biospecimen Proficiency Testing (PT) programme, an internationally-recognised quality assessment tool to verify the precision and accuracy of laboratory biospecimen testing methods.
Endorsed by the International Society for Biological and Environmental Repositories (ISBER), the PT programme acts as an external quality assessment tool, offering laboratories working with biospecimens the opportunity to verify the accuracy, precision and efficiency of their routine methods and benchmark their performance to that of other expert laboratories. Regular participation in the programme allows participants to comply with certification and accreditation requirements, as well as monitor their performance over time and prove consistency.
“Our PT programme has proven to be an integral part of a biobank laboratory’s quality management system, contributing to the standardisation of both sample processing methods and measurements. Indeed, it also supports participants in complying with the requirement of standards such as ISO 20387 and ISO 17025”, explains Dr Amélie Gaignaux, IBBL’s PT Project Manager.
The 2020 PT programme has been refined through the addition of 2 new processing schemes – namely “Dual DNA/RNA Extraction from Frozen Tissue” and “Viral RNA Extraction from fluids” – bringing the total offering to 21. Specifically, “Viral RNA Extraction from fluids” has been developed in the framework of the COVID-19 fluid sample processing, in which many biobank laboratories are involved.
1 Combined Processing and Testing Scheme
- Circulating Tumour Cells (CTC) Isolation and Detection
14 Processing Schemes
- Viral RNA Extraction from Fluids – NEW!
- Dual DNA/RNA Extraction from Frozen Tissue – NEW!
- Cell Free RNA (cfRNA) Extraction from Plasma
- CSF Aliquoting
- Viable PBMC Isolation
- DNA Extraction from Whole Blood
- DNA Extraction from FFPE Material
- DNA Extraction from Frozen Tissue
- Microbial DNA Extraction from Saliva
- Microbial DNA Extraction from Stool
- Cell-Free DNA (cfDNA) Extraction from Whole Blood
- RNA Extraction from Whole Blood
- RNA Extraction from FFPE Material
- Total RNA Extraction from Frozen Tissue
6 Testing Schemes
- DNA Integrity
- DNA Quantification and Purity
- RNA Quantification and Purity
- RNA Integrity
- Cell Viability
- Tissue Histology
As the sole PT programme in the world that focuses on biospecimens, IBBL’s PT scheme has become increasingly popular over the last 8 years. In 2019, 91 participants from 28 countries registered for a total of 328 PT schemes.
Registration will remain open until August 28th 2019.
For more information, please visit the dedicated PT page on the IBBL website.