Our laboratories offer automated and validated processing of blood, plasma, serum, tissue, urine, saliva, CSF and stool. Specialized in the optimisation and validation of these sample handling methods, we provide methods, samples and data fit for your needs.
Ensure the uniform high quality of your samples
Being an ISO 9001 certified and an ISO 7025 accredited organisation compliant with the principles of NF S96-900 certification*, all of our sample processing procedures are standardized and formally validated, their performance is continuously monitored. This minimises pre-analytical variation and ensures the consistent quality of your samples. Procedures can be adapted to project-specific requirements and be followed-up by a range of quality control tests.
Get high throughput processing
The use of high throughput processing robots allows us to simultaneously handle and process large volumes of samples, while ensuring quality and consistency. As this reduces both time and cost, we are able to offer competitive pricing and discounts for large volumes.
Get experienced and highly trained staff
Our biorefinery department specialises in research on the impact of pre-analytical variation on a sample’s fitness-for-purpose. The results of this research flow directly into our quality management system and are applied to continuously improve our procedures. You will also benefit from the support of an experienced project manager, as well as from access to our in-house pathology expertise.
Combine processing, analysis and storage in a single location
No need to coordinate with multiple suppliers. From sample and data collection, to processing and quality control, to storage and redistribution, all the pre-analytical activities on your samples can be handled by a single service provider on a single site in the centre of Europe.
Our Sample Processing Services
- DNA extraction from blood, saliva or stool using Chemagen technology with Perkin Elmer liquid handling
- DNA extraction from frozen or Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded (FFPE) tissue using QIAGEN QIAcube. This process is performed under the supervision of one of our in-house pathologists
- cfDNA extraction from serum, plasma, urine using QIAgen QIAvac
- RNA extraction from blood, cells or tissue on either QIAgen QIAcube or QIAgen Biorobot
- Total RNA (mRNA/miRNA) extraction from frozen or Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded (FFPE) tissue using QIAGEN QIAcube. This process is performed under the supervision of one of our in-house pathologists
- Extraction of total protein from cells and tissues optimized for different biospecimen types and downstream applications
- Exosome isolation from serum, plasma, urine (coming soon)
- Freeze drying of CSF samples carried out by an experienced cryobiologist on our Epsilon 2-4 LSC lyophilizer
- Manual extraction by traditional Ficoll layering or with cell separation tubes
- Automated extraction using Cell Preparation Tubes (CPT) and a TECAN liquid handling robot
- Cell sorting autoMACS technology
- Cell line and primary cell culture with extensive experience in fibroblast culture from skin biopsies, preadipocytes/adipocytes and iPSCs
- Epstein-Barr virus transformation of primary lymphocytes to establish immortalized lymphoblastoid cell lines
- Reprogramming of fibroblasts into iPSCs
- Coring of frozen tissue and fluid biospecimens using CryoXtract CXT350 to provide frozen aliquots for analyte extraction/quality assurance without freeze thaw cycles
- Preparation of Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded (FFPE) and Paxgene Fixed Paraffin Embedded (PFPE) blocks under controlled pre-analytical conditions. Bone decalcification. The histological processing including the final slide staining (hematoxylin/eosin/saffron) is done under the supervision of one of our in-house pathologists
- Sectioning can be done from FFPE blocks and from snap frozen tissue blocks for morphological analysis and for immunohistochemical assays (including, if desired, digitalisation of the slides). Sectioning can also be done for downstream extraction processing (e.g. DNA, RNA extraction)
- Construction of tissue microarray (TMA) blocks from up to 448 donor FFPE blocks
Several countries across the world now offer attractive tax incentives for companies undertaking R&D activities and incurring expenditure on R&D-related activities. We invite our clients to consult the database developed by the OECD to find out how to claim for a tax relief on the costs for our services in their respective countries.